Sunday, September 19, 2010
10 am to 2:30 pm. Registration 9:30 am
Location: The Dome at The Light Center, 2190 Highway 9 Black Mountain, NC 28711 $40 at door, $35 prepaid.
Add a friend for $30. Call 828-669-6845 to register.
Note: Bring water and a lunch or snack. Workshop Questions for Terri? Call her cell 714-240-4889. or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Singing is a profound means of connecting and centering. It is prayer. It is meditation. It is also joyful, freeing and self-expressive. When we create sound consciously, our mind chatter subsides, leaving us stronger, clearer, calmer and able to access the intelligence of our heart wisdom. Come enjoy singing and sounding in the acoustically spectacular Dome with a group of like-minded souls.
The day will be a flow of learning, expressing, silence and sound. This is a playfully sacred day, a day of discovering how easy, joyful and beneficial it is to sing and make sound with others, whether you’ve done this many times, or never. All levels of singers and “non-singers” are welcome.
- Find your sound. Connect to the deepest and most joyful part of yourself without effort. Drop in. Live there.
- Use sound to become stretchable, expandable, boundless, and free. This is most helpful during changing times.
- Learn a silent or singing meditation to use when you want to feel more centered.
- Play group sound games. Connect with perfect strangers in a profound way. You’ve probably always wanted a bigger family….
- Find out how to breathe specifically for singing and speaking. Take a group voice lesson.
- Oh, and might as well begin now to expect miracles…
For more information about The Light Center at Black Mountain, follow this link.
For the “Sing, Pray, Love” workshop link with a printable, email forward-able pdf flyer on The Light Center’s website, go here.